Thursday, April 29, 2010

Snaps For Pretend Cheetos


The wisdom of an almost 2 year old friend of mine, Grayson, struck me last night. I was in the car riding along with him and his sister Reece. Reece was eating Cheetos and she politely offered me one. I responded "no thank you I can't eat Cheetos" and Grayson immediately turned to me, held out his little empty hand and said "do you want a Pretend Cheeto Michole?"...Pretend Cheetos!...What a totally brilliant idea!!!

I'm definitely an emotional and mindless eater. Sometimes I don't even realize how much of a given thing I've eaten until I look into the empty bag and say "Holy crap! Where did all my Peanut Butter M&Ms go?"...kinda like when Elle was distraught that Warner broke up with her and she was laying in bed eating a whole 1 pound box of chocolate (you probably didn't think I could bring this back around to Legally Blonde...did you?...Oh Snap!...I just totally did!!!). What if I could use the brilliant concept taught to me by an almost two year old when I find myself in these situations...before I destroy and entire 1 pound bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms? What if I could eat Pretend Peanut Butter M&Ms? OK...so I'm not gonna be like some crazy person sitting alone in my living room lifting one imaginary Peanut Butter M&M after another to my mouth and pretending to chew...it would look more like...Do I really need to eat Peanut Butter M&Ms right now or would some fruit or a chocolate flavored protein shake (the "Pretend Cheeto") satisfy the sweet craving I am experiencing right now? Do I really need anything at all...or am I just stressed and would a long walk, talking to a friend, or even...wait for it...a CrossFit workout help me more than the "Real Cheeto"? It's all about weighing whether or not I really need the "Real Cheeto"...cause let's face it sometimes you just do...or could I make a better choice and have a "Pretend Cheeto" or no Cheeto at all?

From now on when I want Peanut Butter M&Ms, a cookie, ice cream, chocolate whatever the temptation may be I'm just going to have a "Pretend _______(insert sugar filled delicious item here)". The awesome thing about it is that while the Peanut Butter M&Ms might be "Pretend" my awesome results and my fit, healthy body will be totally Real!!!

Snaps for Grayson and his Wisdom, Snaps for "Pretend Cheetos", Snaps for Real Results!!!

Nichole

1 comment: