Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I once had to judge a Tighty Whitey contest for Lambda Kappa Pi...Trust me, I can handle anything!!!

After completing the Spartan 300 Workout a week ago Saturday I really do believe I can handle anything. In just 19 mins and 33 seconds I experienced the same sense of accomplishment I have experienced after running 26.2 miles...and that took me 5 hours!!! I saved myself 4 hours, 40 mins and 27 seconds...Woo Hoo!!!

For those of you unfamiliar with the Spartan 300 here is what it consisted of:

25 Pullups (I did jumping pullups)
50 Deadlifts (53lb for me)
50 Pushups (I did girl pushups)
50 Box Jumps
50 Floorwipers (53lb for me)
50 Dumbbell Clean and Press (12lbs for me)
25 Pull Ups

Ummm yeah so there's no possible way this could have anything to do with Legally Blonde cause this is just not a very Elle Wood's workout...right? Just the mere fact that it's named the "Spartan 300" isn't very Elle like...right? Oh but wait...

Why do they call it the "Spartan 300" well mostly cause if you do it often enough you can look like a Spartan and because if you add up all the reps it equals 300 total reps. Remember in Legally Blonde 2 when Elle had to collect signatures for a discharge petition in order to pass Bruiser's Bill?...Of course you do. She had to collect 218 signatures to be exact and that's sorta the same thing as 300 reps. OK so it's not the number that's important it's that Elle didn't give up, she kept working against the clock (collecting signatures for time...3...2...1...GO!) knowing that while the task was large she would accomplish it. And...Elle didn't do this alone she had the support of her friends old and new!!!

I know your thinking to yourself...Girrrrl Oh no you didn't just make this relevant to Legally Blonde 2...but wait there's more. My experience at the Spartan 300 was almost exactly like Elle's experience collecting signatures...I (like Elle) just got into the mindset of chipping away at those reps sometimes one painfull rep after another, but I never stopped I knew I had to do 300 and stopping before 300 wasn't an option. I too was surrounded by friends old and new encouraging me, sometimes pushing me (Jill yelling "Jump!!!" when I was delerious from Box Jumps) and helping me acheive my goal. Special Snaps for my spotter, judge and new friend Brice who kept things in perspective, helped me take on each activity in manageable pieces and counted the reps for me (for some reason I can't count higher than 3 during a CrossFit workout...my brain literally shuts off). With determination and the help of my friends I totally completed the Spartan 300!

Would Elle take on the Spartan 300? I think...YES! Of course she would be the girl with the pink knee high socks, a perfectly pink Lululemon outfit, the most perfectly blinged out shoes anyone in the box has ever seen and her own bar and plates ornately decorated with Swarovski crystals (hold up...that's an excellent idea...Jill where can I buy my own bar and plates?), but she would do it with a smile knowing that no matter what the task is in front of her she can do anything she puts her mind to. Plus, we already know that Elle lives by the mantra "What doesn't kill us makes us hotter!!!" which is a totally Spartan saying if I do say so myself...so the Spartan 300 is definitley an Elle Woods workout don't cha think?

Snaps for the Spartan 300! Snaps for friends old and new! Snaps for Brice! Snaps for Jill yelling "Jump"! Snaps for being able to handle anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment